My dream laptop ;-)

I was getting really bored so I decided to have some fun and went to Alienware and configure my ‘dream system’ πŸ˜‰ . Just for fun anyway; here’s the configuration.

I chose the Area-51 m9750 as my base system (with a cost of $2099)

The graphics card: Well, this had to be the best, didn’t it? I chose Dual 512MB GeForce Go 7950 GTX (Yeah, that makes it 1GB πŸ˜‰ and even Vista doesn’t support it right now. Only one card would be functional until a driver is released by M$)

The chasis: 17″ WideUXGA 1920 x 1200 LCD with Clearview Technology – Stealth Black (Whatever that is, it was the best)

Processor: Intel C2D T7600 2.33GHz (Just out of the factory)

RAM: 4GB Dual Channel DDR2 SO-DIMM at 667MHz

OS: I went for Vista Premium (because I was configuring the *best* system; though I doubt I would use it)

Hard Drive: Not much, 250GB SATA πŸ˜‰

CD-Drive: Dual Layer Blu-Ray/DVDΒ±R/W/CD-RW Burner

Wireless card: Intel 4965 a/b/g/Draft-N Mini-Card

Warranty: 3 years (just in case πŸ˜€ )

Total cost? $6299 only. πŸ˜‰ . Suggestions are welcome though :-) .

PS0: Really really bored. Even time-pass is getting difficult now :-( .

PS1: Someone please help me with the reading assignment. I haven’t read a single book. I did try reading The Kite Runner a bit; but it’s not my taste :-( .

PS2: Will be back to institute next week. Mixed feelings about this (sad ‘n’ happy, you know)Β  :-( .

PS3: I wasn’t asking for much, was I?

Posted in computers
7 comments on “My dream laptop ;-)
  1. Srijan says:

This Lappy seems real cool. :)
    I also don’t feel like doing this assignment now…

2. Anshul says:

hmmm….great expectations…..
    just bang ur head hard during the placements…get a gud job……and get this config…..
    (hope this doesn’t become outdated by then!!!) :)

nd abt buk reading….. i m with u my bro!!

3. rorschach says:

there’s a better lappie.. that comes assembled. it’s by alienware too.. costs 5 lakh, i guess.
    i forgot the graphix card.. but it was 2gb (or was it 4gb).
    the ram was 8gb, 500 gb HD.. rest i couldn’t read, i was in a state of shock.

lekin, twas only a limited edition… abey yaar, you should have seen the looks… if there’s a heaven, surely it’s just hell with that laptop for free.

4. gaganpreet says:

@Anshul: It will be outdated by then :-( .

@rorschach: Ya, I remember reading about that 5 lakh thing. It was in digit.. I googled up and here’s the link http://www.thinkdigit.com/index.php?action=article&prodid=506
    It has an AMD Turion 2.4GHz, 2GB RAM, 400GB HardDisk and 1GB gfx card (two 7900 GTX) and a 19″ screen.

5. argueablythebest says:

buddy ! This is surely a rockin confi , but what use if u cant get the maximum out of it at present , afterall even vista ‘s not that great OS.

6. aakanksha says:

u sure sound jobless…:P

7. Sreejith says:

250GB SATA?? thats it? come on.. the IIIT lan should give you much more than that! How about adding this..
    just in case :)